The experienced attorneys at Snyder Miller & Orton LLP handle a wide variety of business disputes. For examples about specific matters we have handled and are currently handling, please see our business litigation cases page.
Before forming SMO, the founding partners built national reputations handling large, complex matters where they often opposed large companies and the biggest law firms in the country. Our attorneys continue to solidify this reputation by pursuing and defending a wide range of business litigation matters. Our goal is always to work with your business and achieve the result that best fits in with your goals. To accomplish this, we are not only skilled and passionate litigators, but are also also well versed in resolving disputes through alternative means such as mediation, arbitration, and settlement negotiations. We represent clients ranging from individuals to businesses of all types, from banks and venture capital groups, to contractors and builders, asbestos manufacturers, software developers, medical and pharmaceutical companies, and computer parts manufacturers.
With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, we have handled nearly every type of business dispute, including but not limited to the following:
- Contract disputes, including disputes arising from merger, purchase, and acquisition agreements, employment agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Mass torts and class actions
- Business torts
- Securities and antitrust violations
- Unfair competition claims
- Professional malpractice claims
- Personal injury, products liability, and medical malpractice cases
- Banking and real estate lawsuits
- Intellectual property infringement and agreement disputes
- Disputes arising out of bankruptcy proceedings
- Employment law and wrongful termination
Mass Torts and Class Actions
Mass torts and class action lawsuits are among the most complex and demanding types of business litigation. They involve multiple plaintiffs, and frequently very large sums of money are at stake. We have experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in mass tort and class action claims. In one class action, we were able to significantly reduce the scope of claims to be tried as class actions in favor of our defense client. We currently represent a group of plaintiffs in a class action involving complex claims of breach of fiduciary duty under ERISA. Additionally, much of our insurance recovery litigation work involves coverage for mass torts.