SMO In the Community
In addition to their dedication to providing outstanding legal representation to each of the firm's clients, the attorneys at Snyder Miller & Orton LLP are equally as committed to giving back to the San Francisco and Bay Area communities. We firmly believe that the practice of law comes with a duty to give back and as such devote a significant amount of our time to both legal and non-legal community organizations.
Several of our attorneys hold leadership and executive positions in these organizations and many have been recognized for this work with awards and honors. We invite you to read about each attorney's involvement on his or her individual profile page.
Some of the organizations our attorneys have devoted their time to volunteer with include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Swords to Plowshares provides thousands of veterans with jobs, housing, benefits advocacy, and health care.
- The For-Site Foundation supports the creation, understanding and exhibition of new art.
- Silicon Valley Campaign for Legal Services provides financial support to local legal aid agencies serving at-risk residents in need.
- YMCA Embarcadero, including the Youth Chance High School provides youths in the community with both academic enrichment and vocational training.
- The Volunteer Legal Services Program of the Bar Association of San Francisco provides much-needed legal representation to members of the community who could not otherwise afford it.
- The Minority Bar Coalition, which is a network of over 25 diverse bar organizations dedicated to working together to advance diversity in the legal profession.
- Law Academy is a mentoring program that provides mentors from the legal community to local high school students
- Mission High School Mock Trial Team
In addition to these organizations, we take great pride in volunteering with numerous bar associations and other volunteer legal assistance programs to provide advice, counsel, and pro bono representation to those in the community. To discuss our unwavering commitment to the community, we invite you to contact us.